Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Is my recent lower back pain probably from my kidneys/kidney

Customer Question

Is my recent lower back pain probably from my kidneys/kidney infection or from lower back muscle strain. I do not remember straining my back in any way. The pain continues after it starting about one week ago?
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No recent injuries. I feel better when I pull my legs up into the fetal position when laying in bed.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: About three months ago The doctor discovered a kidney stone and was taken care of.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Is there any tenderness in lower back?

Any difficulty in urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having recent lower back pain seems most likely to be due kidney problem-this can be due to either kidney stone or urinary tract/kidney infection.

As you have history of kidney stone about 3 months ago,which was taken care of,one is always probable of recurrence of kidney stone.

Whenever there is a disharmony or breakdown between the two functions of the kidney(to conserve water and to eliminate the body's waste substances) it leads to the formation of stones.

Urinary tract infections, kidney disorders such as cystic kidney diseases, and certain metabolic disorders such as hyperparathyroidism are linked to stone formation.

You need following tests:

-Complete urine examination

-X-rays

-Ultrasound of KUB area

-Other blood tests

So bottom line is most probably this pain seems to be kidney related and not due to lower back muscle strain.Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The doctor explained the problem well and is what I thought may be going on.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Yes,most probably kidney stone seems to be the most probable cause.

To prevent kidney stone formation,take adequate amount of fluids irrespective of the weather. Particularly, this helps in those who have a tendency to form stones.Avoid food with added vitamin D and certain types of antacids that have a calcium base.Don't take calcium pills. Especially water should be taken in large quantities. All this will help greatly in preventing the kidney stone formation.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your urologist for these above described tests so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

ANd please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 days ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.How is your back pain now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh