Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

I have a small spot on the tip of my nose that had a small

Customer Question

I have a small spot on the tip of my nose that had a small scab... If the scab comes off it bleeds and I have to use ice and strong pressure to stop it. it happened about a month ago and has now happened two days in a row.. bleeding won't stop and i am not on any meds and am otherwise healthy I',m 71 female Is this normal?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: None.... only codeine and perkiest causes extreme nausea and throwing up
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately this is probably skin cancer until proven otherwise. Skin cancer is very common source of bleeding without other explanation. You should see a dermatologist and get a biopsy and the area removed.
Lesions are often erythematous but can also be skin colored or pigmented, occasionally scaly patch. They usually are very slow growing.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. Rebich" in the medicine categories if you have other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com