Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am on Amlopres AT for controlling High Blood Pressure, On

Customer Question

I am on Amlopres AT for controlling High Blood Pressure, On Ocassion I experience Erectile Dysfunction which drug should I use for treating erectile dysfunction?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: A year ago, History of High Blood Pressure - Yes my Mother (She is 86 year old) has High BP
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 62 year old, moderate use of Alcohol and suffer from "Back pain" due to an accident 30 odd years ago
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

Since your erectile dysfunction is most likely due to the adverse effect of the medication, it makes more sense that you discuss with your doctor about changing the type of blood pressure medication to a medication that does not cause erectile dysfunction such as lisinopril. Only if you continue suffering from erectile dysfunction even with lisinopril, you can consult your doctor for an examination before a medication for erectile dysfunction can be prescribed by your doctor.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.