Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I've been on bp meds for years and after feeling dizzy today

Customer Question

I've been on bp meds for years and after feeling dizzy today realized I hadn't been taking it for the last few days. I've been checking my bp for the last few hours and it's staying around 157/109. I took my normal 20mg lisenipril as well as bit off another half two hours ago and no change. At what point should I consider going to a hospital? I'm alone at home in Alaska with a husband overseas, so a little nervous
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies. Lisenipril, Crestor, Premarin, lithium, nexium, Prilosec, Ativan (when needed)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing has changed. All these meds have been the same for years. I don't know exactly how many days I must have missed
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

Please go to the the hospital now since an elevated blood pressure despite taking medications along with symptoms such as dizziness is concerning. You may need a different class of blood pressure lowering medication to lower your blood pressure back to normal.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.