Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I recently moved from Virginia to Indiana I have been on

Customer Question

I recently moved from Virginia to Indiana I have been on Xanax for a while and now I've been without for a while and my anxiety and my blood pressure is out of control I had a head injury and then I got hit by a semi after that and I tend to get very anxious about things the Xanax actually helps me sleep helps with pain and helps keep me calm I don't know how to get any of these here is there any what you can help me or any suggestions I tried other things which make me sick or make me feel really scared and more anxious why I am not a drug addict and I do not even drink I do need this medication they do help me
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I never know when it's going to hit me it hits me quite a bit I get nervous I get anxious I even get any pills for me get in the car and a semi Drives By Me I know it sounds insane and I don't sleep well anymore and they just really seem to help I tried over the counter medicine I don't take sleeping pills I took one one time and I swear I was talking to rabbits this medication that I was on made me calm helped me deal with life made me feel better I have had a lot of death in my family in the last year and then I moved here and I don't have any and I feel like I'm falling apart I don't feel that I need a shrink because talking doesn't really help but the medicine helps it helps me cope like I said I'm not a druggie or a drinker butt I really need a way to find out how to get this if you can't help me it's okay I will understand it's a lot to ask I just don't know why it's such a big deal it's not like I take narcotics I don't
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Actually not that I can think of right now I have been very big family who drives me insane but who doesn't right I had a hysterectomy lost my tonsils when I was 7 and I had a severe head injury a long time ago and I don't like taking narcotics because they make me feel fuzzy the Xanax does not do that but it does ease the pain and I have no idea how but it does I'm not sure what else you want me to say
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

For what duration did you take xanax? Have you consulted a doctor in your location regarding this? What was his/her response? Did you consult a psychiatrist in your location?