Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have sort of a complicated question thatthat is getting

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** have sort of a complicated question thatthat is getting nowhere but harder. i have been going to mercy hospital here in canton ohio , due to myseveral back surgeries theyhave been helpfulln with giving me 15 mg og oxycodone for my breakthrough medicine. part of the problem is i havebeen taking this medicinefor over 8 years.,and have build up a resistance to the medicine. inthe meanwhile i have developed Lung Cancer. the doctor has been kind enough to perscribe opana 5mg which so far seems to be fairly working. here is my question that the drug store, the pharmarcy, has been giving me the old run aroung, the opana costs $158 to fill for 60. mylovely wife and i are 70 and 73 years old respectfully ***** ***** a foixes income. you are my very last hope for an answer that makes since. respectfilly William
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: of course
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that i am aware she has every one of my files so she doesnt think i am a frequent flyer at hospitals
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 12 days ago.

Hello William!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations about your pains. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 12 days ago.

I'm so sorry to hear of your cancer diagnosis. I'm afraid I don't quite see the question you're looking to have addressed.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 12 days ago.

Are you asking about alternatives to the opana?