Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am 74 yeas old and had preferation from Colon into vaginal

Customer Question

I am 74 yeas old and had preferation from Colon into vaginal area 7 years ago have had mold in our home at that time nad still have some in vents. I still have digestion and constipation problems., sinus probems and other medical problems. Before all this I was very good health. Can Mold and Fungus cause these thantibiotics for almost a year and ings. My digestive Doctor told me 7 years ago Mold is not defenative gave me loads of antibiotics for a year until perforation and major surgery.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

usually mold will cause sinus and respiratory irritation symptoms.

antibiotics long term can cause diarrhea and clostridium bowel infection symptoms.

you need for the mold to be treated in your home and repairs made to keep your home dry

mold likes to grow in dark, moist warm areas.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much. We had it We had remediation but still had some in floor decks. The only thing I can take for constipation daily is Laxafit natural I have taken to my Doctors but they say it is OK but I don't think they see what is in it. I also have had sleep apnea for over five years. Plan to try to get appt with Mayo's. My regular check is due in middle of January. many thanks I need help!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

you may need to be checked for IBS-constipation which can cause chronic constipation.

there are medications like Linzess which can help with constipation.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com