Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Cannot hold food down and severe pains in stomach. When I

Customer Question

cannot hold food down and severe pains in stomach.
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: When I eat solid foods
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have had visits with different doctors and all kind of tests and no one can find out the cause.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations about this terrible stomach pains. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is for my daughter, she cannot find a cause or cure for her condition. This has been going on for six or seven years. She had an operation to help her eating habits and had problems. The Dr reversed it last year and the pain, nausea and she cannot keep her food down.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

Poor thing! I"m so sorry to hear about this. Your poor daughter!

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

How best do you want to use me to help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am not going through this money thing, just tell me what you think it might be or do not charge me for this message.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

There is no more money hassle to go through. Everything else from here on out is already covered. I'm only trying to learn more about how you want to use me and my knowledge to help your daughter.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

For example, would you like me to explain some of the causes? would you like instructions for alternative options for treatments?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

would you like to learn about your options for specialists?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

As you can see, there are many possible ways I can help, and I'm sure you would find our conversation more useful if I'm following the direction that would be most helpful for you. Again, you're not charged any more for our discussion.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

How old is your daughter now?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 10 days ago.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.