Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am going through chemo treatments and i cannot urinaateall

Customer Question

i am going through chemo treatments and i cannot urinaateall day Is this dangerous
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i have had 3 bladder infections and one kidney since i started chemo I finished my last antbiotics last Saturday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i am diabetic
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

When was your last chemo treatment?

How much amount of liquids you had consumed in last 24-26 hours?

When was the last urination?

Which cancer do you have?

It seems that you are offline, so I am writing you an initial answer. You may ask follow up questions, once you read the answer.

A minimum amount of daily urine produced by kidney is around 500 ml. This is called as obligatory urine volume. If amount of urine produced is less; than once should be investigated for some kidney disease. Since you have not voided for whole day (which means 24 hours), you would need blood work and an ultrasound of kidneys and bladder. Sometimes kidney produce urine but bladder sensations may not be good and one may not feel the fullness of bladder. This can occur by chemotherapy medicines. Thus you need to contact your doctor for the investigations for assessment of kidney or bladder dysfunctions.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.