Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was trying to get answers on parasitic worms. I have been

Customer Question

I was trying to get answers on parasitic worms.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been trying to get help since May last year. I keep being given inadequate tests, and no tests, told it is mental and today prescribed a drug test is not even available
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: *prescribed a drug that is not available. I have done research and talked to several and found there is a protocol here to misdiagnose and simply refuse to treat people
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: As I said it has gone on for way over a year and now I can feel it all over. Today the gi Dr said he wouldn't prescribe anything because he is not the right Dr. An infectious disease Dr is not even reachable and It seems there are only two per state average
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that is relevant to this
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What are your symptoms?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Huge stomach in one year, started out as feeling like small snakes in uterus. Ultrasound done which would not even shoe that. Feelings got bigger, and overcrowded feeling in abdomen. Told it's not possible to have snake in abdomen. Eating curbed to nothing because of feeling stomach and abdomen is full. Feelings of something trying to come out of cervix and bowel. Movements throughout abdomen. Colonia copy last year showed nothing but Dr did not reveal he could not see the whole colon. Extreme feelings if worms throughout bowel, bladder and impacted feelings of something throughout pelvis. Worms in feces. Blood in feces.

Did your feces (stool test) reveal parasites?

Was an anoscopy or colonoscopy done?

Did they do a CT scan?

What is your age?

Are your periods normal?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cannot do call. I see you are a sports medicine doctor. Is there a parasitology or similar type? I saw gi today and he would not give meds referring to infectious disease doctor. Went to urgent care got prescription for med no longer available.

I am a general surgeon, which is my primary specialty.

Sports medicine is my second specialty?

If you wish, I can opt out.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Feces show worms and blood. Colonia copy last year and other scans are useless. Doctor will not comment in the things I am complaining about. I am finding there seems to be a widespread maltreatment of this. post menopausal.

I am opting out. An another expert on the site may be able to help you.

Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 13 days ago.

I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.I specialised in Tropical medicine and Parasitology was studied thoroughly.After going through your complaints and reply by the previous expert.Have you had a stool examination as that will reveal worms and eggs not visible to the naked eye?Also a colonoscopy will reveal any worms or living organism in the colon.What are your exercise levels and do you eat adequate roughage,ie vegetables as salad and fruits which contain indigestible fibre?Please give me more information so that I can help you better.