Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

What will cause penise to start curving up, I've been trying

Customer Question

What will cause penise to start curving up
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've been trying to see a specialist abut this but they keep telling it's 2 months before I can see them but they say they can't see me for 2 months!! That's hard to schedule around work I had a hip replacement back in February , I'm on c
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: im xareltoe and pantrazole
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 12 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Do you have any pain in penis?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you being online.

The symptoms you have described of penis starting to curving up is suggestive of a condition called Peyronie's disease.It is an abnormal curve or bend in the penis during an erection.It happens because of development of hard, fibrous layer of scar tissue (plaque).The plaque develops on the upper or lower side of the penis in layers containing erectile tissue.When the penis is erect, the scar tissue pulls the affected area off at an angle.This causes the curve in penis.

This is not a serious or dangerous condition & is not an emergency.As you are not getting an early appointment,it is okay to wait for this time & consult the specialist accordingly.

The treatment varies from prescription medications & intralesional injection(shot directly into the scar tissue) to the surgery.So I advice you to schedule the appointment with urologist for the physical examination & treatment accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm 55 , and no I don't have pain.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you do not have any pain in penis & having bent/curve in penis-Peyronie's disease seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.It is an abnormal curve or bend in the penis during an erection.It happens because of development of hard, fibrous layer of scar tissue (plaque).The plaque develops on the upper or lower side of the penis in layers containing erectile tissue.When the penis is erect, the scar tissue pulls the affected area off at an angle.This causes the curve in penis.

Please do not worry.You can consult the doctor later as you are not getting an early appointment.This is not a serious or dangerous condition & is not an emergency.Because the symptoms of Peyronie's disease can improve without treatment,it is generally advised to wait for atleast one year or longer before attempting to correct it surgically.

So bottom line is I advise you to please do not worry.You need to wait & watch your symptoms & consult the doctor as you are getting an appointment 2 months later.

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 days ago.

As I said above that as of now,you need to wait & watch your symptoms for this curve in penis & consult the doctor as you are getting an appointment 2 months later.

Do you need further assistance regarding the curve of your penis ?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for comming back online.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh