Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I ran out of my triumeq meds for hiv and my doctor wont

Customer Question

Hello pearl. I ran out of my triumeq meds for hiv and my doctor wont refill until i can see her for appointment only in 14 days. Im eeally concerned that the virus,will spread worse. What do u suggest i do to get medication. Also my own primary care doctor wont refill this meds,as,its,with,another doctor. Reall scared,virus will get lot worse if i hav no meds,for,14 days. Rite now my count is undectable. Thanks. Plz advise. .
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No alergic. Just that one.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well i hav 3 stents in my arteries but dont take any meds for them
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.