Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I take 20 MG of lisnoprel, took BP it was 153/103. Sat done

Customer Question

I take 20 MG of lisnoprel, took BP it was 153/103. Sat done and took it 5 minutes later and it was 150/80. Should I go to the doctor or what and take it again
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Just lisnoprel
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

With those blood pressure changes, did you feel any different? dizzy? lightheaded? headache? vision changes?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

Can you tell me about hydration status today? do you drink coffee and water?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Other than water, I drank 1 pop. As far as how I felt, I have a little tightening in the chest, slight headache, and a little tingling in the fingers.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

I see. thank you for the additional info.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 9 days ago.

Without significant changes in body function or symptoms or signs of alarm, I think you are probably safe to wait... but,

if you have immediate medical concerns, or feel like there is something urgently wrong, it is important to consult a doctor/nurse practitioner/physician's assistant, in person. There are aspects of your experience, features of the history you're telling me and some things that are left out (even unknowingly), and certainly features of a physical exam of your body that can't translate over this type of online communication. Unfortunately, because of the nature of this type of chat, some important concerns could be easily missed, and I could unwillingly get the wrong impression from you, or give you information based on incomplete information.