How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 42794
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have five sores around my vagina that burn, No fever. No

Customer Question

Hi. I have five sores around my vagina that burn
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: No fever. No body aches
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It burns when I urinate So I got an antibiotic for that
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of these sores so I can better help you?

have you had sexual activity recently?

what antibiotic have you been using?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am taking nitrofurantoin
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

that photo doesn't look very clear.

those ulcers are painful? very sensitive or tender ulcers can be due to genital herpes.

not painful blisters with a dot in the middle could be due to water warts or molloscum contagiosum

I can't tell from your blurry photo.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
they are painful if water touches them
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can it be something other than herpes? I'm very worried.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

it sounds like they could be genital herpes virus outbreak.

that can be caused when your immune system is down.

there are blood testes which can test you for antibodies to herpes type 1 virus and herpes type 2 virus.

antibiotics will not help with herpes

you can get anti-viral pills like acyclovir or valcyclovir from your doctor which can help suppress the virus outbreak.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please can you check this picture
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Dr. David?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please can you look at the photo and let me know ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

that is still a very blurry photo

and could still be herpes ulcers which are painful

anti-viral medications could help fight them .