Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My daughter is in Thailand. She has been diagnosed with

Customer Question

My daughter is in Thailand. She has been diagnosed with dengue fever and a pretty severe bacteria disease. They have given her three antibiotics, cipro, arthitromyacin, metronidazole to take all at once for the bacteria. We have been worried that the dengue would progress to the point of bleeding, but today after being at the doctor yesterday, she is having bleeding from her rectom. The doctor wants to do a colonoscopy to determine if she has hemeroids which might be causing the bleeding. They have done no prep, but they still want to give her some anesthesia and do the procedure, or they want to admit her to the hospital and give her an even stronger antibiotic. I am scared to death that the anesthesia could go wrong, or they could put a hole in her colon. She is there waiting, and they want to do this in about an hour. She does not have any of the other symptoms of the hemorrhaging type of dengue. She does not have fever, but she does have the rash. Right now I want to tell her to go back to her hotel, and wait until tomorrow before any decisions are made. if it were your daughter, what would you tell her to do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is her age?

Does she has any fever now?

Is this the first time she has this bleeding per rectum?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

This is not an emergency condition.She can wait & watch her symptoms.

The bleeding per rectum your daughter is having can be due to hemorrhoids which is not an emergency.She can have the colonoscopy later.

Although colonoscopy is a very safe procedure and does not require anesthesia.It does not cause any pain although can be uncomfortable.

As she has rashes but does not have any symptoms of hemorrhage and has no fever,there is nothing to worry. For bacterial infection,she is already prescribed with three antibiotics, cipro, arthitromyacin, metronidazole which will cure the infection.

So bottom line is I advise for your daughter in Thailand-to wait & watch her symptoms. Colonoscopy(although safe procedure) can be done later.Just keep an eye over the symptoms of dengue & the total platelet count(TPC).

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh