Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had blood test yesterday because have been feeling

Customer Question

I had blood test yesterday because have been feeling extremely tired everyday throughout the whole day. Got results back my vitamin D level is low. Can Vitamin D affect people to be tired, and my cholesterol was very high as well. But my doctor said the 10 year out look for me with regards ***** ***** cholesterol is only 0.7% and they only treat with medication if risk is at 7.5% or more. I do have underactive thyroid my TSH was normal I am on .112 of synthroid but my doctor is going to mail to me a bit higher dose of synthroid.My question is centered around vitamin d level being low my doctor is going to also mail a vitamin D3 supplement 2,000IU to take once a day. How does vitamin affect health could that be why I am always so tired feeling and exhausted everyday and having high cholesterol level which never really had before high cholesterol. And will adding this vitamin D3 supplement and increasing thyroid dose help make it easier for me to,lose weight I used to be 260 I got weight down at one point to 140-145 now back up to 171 because I had surgery over summer for possible ovarian cancer and then shoulder injury so couldn't really exercise there for a while. And will the Vitamin D supplement help improve cholesterol level as well.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

low vitamin D levels can be part of why you are fatigued.

loosing weight can help your energy levels.

cutting down your carbohydrate levels, eating more proteins and fruits and vegetables and exercising regularly can help you loose weight.

slightly higher doses of your thyroid hormone levels can help as well.