Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

TODAY MY BLOOD TEST FOR UROBILIGNOGEN WAS 2.0 (+1) AND MY

Customer Question

HI, TODAY MY BLOOD TEST FOR UROBILIGNOGEN WAS 2.0 (+1) AND MY BILIRUBIN WAS NEG JUST TRYING TO FING OUT WHAT MAY BE GOING ON
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: THEY TESTED A CLEAN CATCH
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: MY MCV, MCH, MCHC LEVELS ARE ALWAYS LOW, MY RBW AND RBC WERE A TAB BIT ELEVATED TODAY. I AM EXTREMELY FATIGUED AND I HAD OVARIAN CANCER 12 YEARS AGO
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Testing for urobilinogen in urine is important since it shows how well the liver is working. The walls of the intestine produce bilirubin, which is broken down into urobilinogen and flushed out by the kidneys. If a patient gets ill and red blood cells are ruptured, there will be an increase in bilirubin. If the intestine or the liver is infected, then there will be a significant rise in bilirubin. This is the reason why the lab must insist on testing for urobilinogen in the urine, since it is an indicator of what is going on in the body.

In a healthy person, the urine should contain less than 17umol/l. You should see a doctor if the level rises above this; since it gives indications of a hidden infection that has not manifested yet.

Also your other findings with MCV, MCH and MHCH indicate that your red blood cells are a little lighter red color than usual, which could indicate possible early anemia. With how tired you have been I would suggest you take daily multipvitamin with iron and make sure your liver and thyroid blood levels get checked by your doctor.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/