Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Can you describe what pulminory fibrosus is, how serious,

Customer Question

Can you describe what pulminory fibrosus is, how serious, and if there is any cure.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Just saw a respitory specialist today and he said that it looks like there is scar tissue on one lobe. My medications are: Enalapril 10mg, 1 daily
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Enalapril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole Betahistine, Ipratropium, Tirameinolone, Flticasone. I am apparently allergic to two different anitbiotics that I was prescribed this summer for pneumonia. However, I don't recall the names.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My sister had copd...I think it was emphasima For myself, I can't think of anything else. I had pneumonia this past summer and had two other boughts of chest infections this past year...one in Feb. & one in June. I was diagnosed with pneumonia in August & given the two different antiobiotics (at different times) for that condition.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

pulmonary fibrosis is excessive scar tissue formation in the lungs.

don't know why some patients develop this condition.

it can be very serious as patients can become short of breath and have difficulty breathing.

you should see an allergy doctor and get confirmation if you are allergic to these antibiotics. this way you can have them put on your medical chart so your doctors don't give it to you anymore.

I hope you are not smoking or didn't smoke before.

smoking can cause worse scar tissue and inflammation of your lungs.