Scott Rebich
Scott Rebich, Doctor
Experience:  Resident physician
96592888

My medical center will not write an rx for my RA pain until

Customer Question

My medical center will not write an rx for my RA pain until the RA Dr. Comes in which is once a month. I have been out for almost a month and the pain is excruciating, also I am having very bad side effects I believe from the cold turkey take off. Side effects include emotional problems. Including almost downing so many ibuprofen that I could have hurt myself. Is this accepted treatment? I have been on it for 2yrs. Also on embrel which I was recently off for 1 month due to centers lack of getting a new authorization which both pharmacy and ins CO claim was never put in for. Please help me. I'm going over my primary care physicians head to get help
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No fever. Just RA in many parts of my body
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Depression, anxiety, high BP, history of not being able to get out of bed or walk or write due to pain. Plus copd
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Scott Rebich replied 14 days ago.

This is very unfortunate and I am sorry to hear your issues. The CDC has recent published an article that basically made it harder for physicians to write narcotics and benzos. Ultimately, you will only be able to get prescription pain medications from one doctor which should be a specialist in the field (ie rheumatologist, pain management doctor, surgeon, etc). Your primary care doctor should be able to give you enough pain medication to help get you through your hard times, but I hope you can understand.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. If not, please rate my answer!

Expert:  Scott Rebich replied 10 days ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. Rebich" in the medicine categories if you have other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com