Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I think I have pulled or strain muscles in my abdomen area.

Customer Question

I think I have pulled or strain muscles in my abdomen area. The muscles on my stomach on the right side hurt very bad and around my ribs. This started yesterday evening and on a pain scale from one toten, when I move it's a 8 or 9.
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: It started yesterday afternoon or evening and have gotten worse during the night. I have no vomiting or nausea.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 64 years old and have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and a few other things. Yesterday I was hanging up curtains and blinds in the house most of the morning.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

So sorry to hear about your problem, and yes, those activities can definitely cause you to have pain, especially with movement. Thank is an indication of a muscular problem, especially if you don't have any other symptoms. I would recommend taking Tylenol over the counter (if you do not have any liver problems) using heat and gentle stretching and it should resolve in a few days.

Things to look out for are fever, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in stool or worsening pain.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!