Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I have a client who I gave a 35% Tca peel. 2 passes. applied

Customer Question

I have a client who I gave a 35% Tca peel. 2 passes. applied 100% aloe after the peel and a soothing salve for the next day. First day after fine, second day, pain. She did not apply additional aloe or the salve because it burned. I also suggested applying ice wrapped in a cloth, 10 on 20 off minutes. She did not do this. Late 3rd day she returned to my studio. I applied aloe and ice 10 and 20 for 3 hours. When she left, she said it felt so much better. I emphatically said apply the ice and aloe and salve. She said it burned too much. Today she went to the dr and he gave her a prescription for backtran, and a soothing salve. It is not working. She now has a cold or some other respiratory infection. He also gave her pain pills, so she is sleeping. I am certified and have given this peel to more than 50 people. Never had this response. Her skin is brown, tight, and has opened in a couple of places. I am sure she is ready to peel. I have given myself 6 of the tca 35 had similar reaction and just waited it out. My skin looks beautiful, and I would do it again. Can you help
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

It sounds like you have done everything possible for your client and she has sensitive skin and also was not following your postprocedure instructions. Not much that you can do at this point other that offer some consolation if that is within your business practice such as a refund or a complimentary different treatment. I am sure that you informed her before the procedure of the possible side effects and it sounds like you have done a really good job!

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/