Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have been coughing and sneezing up clear of mucus for a

Customer Question

i have been coughing and sneezing up clear balls of mucus for a week or two and it hurts my nose, so i came to find out what it means... i've been worried i have a sinus infection for a few years as a friend of mine said that could be the cause of my constant sinus issues and headaches... i don't smoke or do meth, btw. something that was mentioned on other sites
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: daily for the last few months. and i get sick really often. i think stomach symptoms manifest when a lot of mucus has run down into my stomach while i sleep. and i almost always have a sore throat, and my lymph nodes have been hard since i was 18. i'm 23 now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i had an abortion almost 3 years ago in april... but these symptoms all predated that. since then my depression has been worse. but my PTSD hasn't changed much
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 19 days ago.

Yes, it sounds like you have a sinus infection as it classically causes headaches (sometimes face pain or pain in the upper teeth), mucous discharge, sneezing, sore throat and stomach upset from the swallowed mucous. This can go on for months if not treated. I would suggest you see your GP and get on antibiotics and a decongestant. Treatment can take 2-3 weeks.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you soooo much
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 19 days ago.

You're welcome. Hope you get the care you need and are feeling better soon.