Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My daughter (age 44) has had a few red (sometimes pink)

Customer Question

My daughter (age 44) has had a few red (sometimes pink) bumps about a half inch under the nipple of one of her breasts for several months...2 months ago she went to her gynecologists who said it looked like nothing and sent her for a mammegram. The results were fine. The spots have never gone away and look a little bigger. She has a dull pain off and on in that breast now. She has another appt. with her general practioneer and is going to ask for a referral for an ultra-sound. Is this what she needs in order to find out what is causing this?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: She has had the bumps since about May of this year. She rubs hand cream on it....it never goes away but is not as rough when she puts the cream on it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No one in her immediate family has had cancer. About 14 yrs. ago she had breast implants (saline). I can't think of anything else...she had a hysterectomy (has ovaries left) about 2 yrs. ago.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 days ago.

just click send to reply