Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

First thing in the morning after my daughter (aged 19) woke

Customer Question

First thing in the morning after my daughter (aged 19) woke up, she had lots of symptoms: sweating, unsteadiness when standing , shaking, extreme hunger, unable to think regarding what to eat This then progressed to irritability and crying. It has been several mornings in a row but has occurred off and on since a bout of vomiting about 3 weeks ago.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She saw 2 different doctors in August and September, one of them passed it off as depression, the same happened 2 1/2 years ago. She has done the rounds of the mental health systems several times - has not helped her physical symptoms including pain headaches
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: The symptoms are of my daughters' but we have seen several doctors and become disillusioned. Helena
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: thyroid has been borderline in previous medical tests
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 20 days ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Has this been happening regularly or is it a sporadic occurrence?Has she been examined by a Neuro-Physician /Psychiatrist and have imaging studies(CT/MRI Scan) of the brain been done?Has she been examined for metabolic disorders like Diabetes,Thyroid disorders,Electrolyte imbalance?How are her sleep and physical exercise levels?Any family history of similar complaints in any of her relatives /any family history of hypertension,/any history of head injury/epileptic seizures in the past?Please give me more detailed information,Thanks.