Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My right ear feels like it is going to explode, Recovering

Customer Question

my right ear feels like it is going to explode
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Recovering from a cold. Plane ride yesterday caused stuffy ears. The pressure and pain in my right ear just started a few hours ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I am allergic to sulfa drugs, no other ongoing conditions I have had an ear infection like this in the past, but not so sudden or large
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

This is related to your recent cold issue and severe pain and pressure can be either due to blocked ear canal from previous infection or the infection has traveled itself into ear canal. I would recommend you to do steam inhalation with menthol crystals in it and take ibuprofen tablet and if pain is very severe going to an urgent care and getting IV pain killers would be the right move. You might need antibiotics for this.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.