Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I am guessing its cardiology, but what causes weakness in

I am guessing its cardiology, but what causes weakness in the right arm and then pain in the chest. I have had acid reflux.
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had and guess I still have acid reflux and it mimicked a heart attack. Pain in the chest, travelled up to my jaws. But this is different and has happened twice in the evening. Weakness in the right arm and pain in the chest. Last nite there was pain in the left arm as well..

Hi Dr. Mo here.

When did you start experiencing the pain in the chest? Is it worse with exertion?

May I ask how old you are and if you have any medical conditions?

Any medications you take?

Acid reflux can cause pain in the chest but it's usually burning and doesn't go to the arms. It comes in seconds and gets better with eating.

If your pain is worse with exertion it's likely cardiac, which would be important to have evaluated in an emergency room setting.

If it radiates to the arm or neck then it's likely cardiac.

Sure, you can have all those symptoms with a perfectly normal heart but without an EKG and some cardiac blood tests it's hard to tell.

Please let me know if you have any other questions I may help you out with or anything I may clarify.

Please rate my answer if you don't have any other questions.

Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo here, please let me know if I can help you further with this.