Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have been having major problems with muscle pain that is

Customer Question

I have been having major problems with muscle pain that is unbearable due to being run over by a car and a torn ACL. Also, work related pain due to lifting heavy trays I also have arthritis. I've been taking brand name Soma which helps with all of my pain until they put me on the generic which make me so sick to my stomach, I can't stand it. Doctors won't prescribe the brand name because they say it's addictive. I've been taking it for years and find it not to be true. I've tried so many medications and none have worked. I'm 69 yrs. old an I need some relief. Can you please help me get back on my brand Soma?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I'm not allergic to any medications. I take gabapentin,, depakote,and aricept. I've tried oxycontin(sent me to the hospital) vicodin(makes me sick) Hydrocodone(makes me sick) So I guess I could say I am allergig to all pain medications except the Soma. I'm in so much pain I'm going to the hospital almost every week for a shot of morphine-witch doesn't work. So I need some serious help. I live in a small town and no doctor will prescribe anything because of the new laws. I need some serious help and I'm not getting it here. Good god,I'm much to old to be a junkie! I take that-no on is too old to become addicted.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I think that covers it. Other than the chronic pain I,m a really healthy. Oh, I have a very mild case of COPD.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Sorry to hear about all the troubles and treatment difficulties you have been having and bad experiences with different medications. I will be more than happy to try to help you today but I need to know what exactly are your expectations from my answer so that I can properly address your concerns, since we are not able to prescribe any medications.

It is very true that for some people the brand name works much better than the generic for some reason, but they are both equally addictin since the main ingredient is the same, so I am not sure why your primary care doctor would not try the brand name :(

Another consideration is for you to see a chronic pain management specialist and/or go back to your orthopedic specialist to see if any further treatment could be done, if you haven't already.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I've already written a reply even though you said not to. My bank put a freeze on my card and the I read the prices for various questions. I guess I would have gotten some satisfaction if I'd gone for the more expensive questionaire. However, I don'tDid you really understand what I wrote? $50? Are you nuts? I don't think you are a Dr. at all.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
NO!

I am sorry that you didn't find my answers or further questions helpful. I do not set the pricing on there, and I can assure you, I am a physician. However, I will be happy to opt out of this question with no compensation so that another expert can further assist you. Thank you for your time and hope you find help. Have a good day.