Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Earlier this week I felt like I was getting a cold. Using

Customer Question

Earlier this week I felt like I was getting a cold. Using Airborne and Zicam I thought I could fight it off. However, for the last two days I still have the swollen glands but worse a crushing sinus headache. Tylenol #3 and wearing sunglasses in the house isn't helpung much and I need to go to a funeral this morning.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: It has been constantt for the last two days. I hve had a history of this but it has been awhile. I have been using a nettie pot 3 times a day.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not really just want to know if this becoimg a outright sinus infection and go to urgent care clinic sine it's Saturday. Some nausea but I'm ure that is from the drainage
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have running nose or blocked nose?

If there is a discharge from nose, what is the color? Is it smelling bad?

Do you have sore throat, cough, fever, pain on face?

Are you diabetic?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
64, female, no runny nose, yesterday I had trouble with the nettie and pain when flushing, yes a great deal of paininthe forhad and around the eyes. Diabetic yes but with an act of 105
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you can't help me I'd rather just go to local urgent care facility.

Your symptoms are quite suggestive of sinusitis, causing sinus headache and your other symptoms. You may need a course of antibiotics and may be confirmation by a x-ray of the sinus. So it would be prudent to go to urgent care.

Having said that, I am enumerating the treatment for the sinusitis (majority of which you are already doing);

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive or there are signs in x-ray.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/