Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I believe Ihave a hookworm or whipworm infection & my doctor

Customer Question

I believe Ihave a hookworm or whipworm infection & my doctor isn't responsive because a ova & parasite stool came back negativemonths ago. I now have a couple of different types in a glass preserved in alcohol & believe I now have them in my stool
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, they say dermatitis. I have this now along with fingernail, toenail, stomach, inflammation & weakness issues. None
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: I did have vomiting in the beginning but that was over two years ago,nausea yes,everyday. I also have a dog & had a cat.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I used to run & be very active, I have no energy & this is miserable. My wrist & hands are sore everyday, ankles swell up & have a two pronged bite mark on the back of my neck. I have documented this miserable journey with photos & cannot get a doctor in Seattle to help me get to a diagnosis.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 14 days ago.

Hi Dr. Mo here.

Could you send me some images of these worms?

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 14 days ago.

There are a few different medicines that are prescribed for intestinal parasites.

If you are having a hard time having your doctor prescribe it you can always try an urgent care or call a telemedicine website which will prescribe it to you over the phone.

However, we are careful not to give the medicine because it has a potential to be harmful to the liver and it can cause resistance of other normal intestinal parasites if you don't actually have the said parasites in your system.