drcaplan
drcaplan, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have specialized in common problems for men, women, children, and the elderly.
72350808

I have a small black lump on the bottom of my foot and I

Customer Question

I have a small black lump on the bottom of my foot and I can't walk on it there's no doctors around here that are open I was wondering if you suggest I'll go to the hospital or not
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Only woke up with it this morning it's hard but there's like a hole in it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 20 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Expert:  drcaplan replied 20 days ago.

Where on the foot is the lump? Any idea how it happened? when you went to sleep it was fine?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 20 days ago.

Can you snap a picture of the lump?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
On the bottom of them my foot I say Midway in my foot no idea how it happened I went to sleep my foot was fine I woke up and I can't walk on it properly
Expert:  drcaplan replied 20 days ago.

Are you able to snap a picture?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That's the best photo I can get
Expert:  drcaplan replied 19 days ago.

I see. is it possible there is something inside ? does it feel like a splinter?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No there's nothing inside of squeezed it and everything nothing at all inside just really painful and I can't really walk
Expert:  drcaplan replied 19 days ago.

there isnt' much that I can think of that would be "worrisome" and happen on such short notice. what makes more sense would be something which cut you or got under the skin.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 19 days ago.

can you try putting gauze underneath a thick bandage , on top of the wound?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could be spider bite
Expert:  drcaplan replied 19 days ago.

I see. That makes more sense. Can you soak the foot in warm water overnight? Take some ibuprofen (600mg every 6 hours over night). If it's not better tomorrow, you should go to the hospital then.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 19 days ago.

Was I able to address your question to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 18 days ago.

If you have no further questions,If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and I'm eager to continue answering your questions until you feel like you have received 5-star service. Any other ratings suggest something was wrong and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for adjustments/improvements.

If you’re satisfied with the above, I thank you for the question! And hopefully I'll see you again soon. If you have any follow up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/