Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My urine has been very yellow and smells...not all the time.

Customer Question

My urine has been very yellow and smells...not all the time. I drink enough water.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I take blood pressure diovan, pravastin, Norvasc and synthroid...none of them new drugs. I did have radiation for a basal cell on my nose in late Sept. and this started after that. Could that be a side effect?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: I will start. There is no pain involved or other symptoms.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 21 days ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 21 days ago.

Assuming you've been on those medicines for a while, it's unlikely that your urine smell is related at all to the medications.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I WANT TO CANCEL THIS QUESTION. I will call my doctor. Thanks. Please return my deposit.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 21 days ago.

As you wish!