Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have been having a mild pain for almost five months now

Customer Question

Hello I have been having a mild pain for almost five months now that began on my upper left quadrant of the stomach, usually accompanied by gas. The discomfort extends to the left side and the back. I am not sure if it's related but only recently, i also feel a discomfort in my left hip and left knee at times. ( not always) I have done two ultrasounds so far and all vital organs including pancreas and liver are clear. They have done an X-ray and gallbladder is clear. I have done Thorough blood and Urine analysis all good. They even did the following tumor markers and all good; Ca 19-9, ca 125 and CEA. I have to say my ca19-9 was altered by only ten points above normal in June but now is back to normal. On Monday I will be doing a colonoscopy. Since I had papillary thyroid cancer almost three years ago, I feel a certain fear about the situation. I don't have any other symptom such as visible blood in my stool, change of stool, vomits, weight loss etc I have a bit of constipation which I have always had. Also, i am 50 and in full blown menopause. I exercise regularly, east quiet healthy, weight 52 kilos. I have not had previous families with Thyroid cancer more colon cancer or any other cancer for that matter. My question is with all the tests clear so far, is there a high chance that I may have colon cancer? If not, what is causing this ongoing mild pain that now has also extended a bit to my left hip ( not sure if one is related w the other). Thank you very much for your attention and input Dela
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None that I can think of all else is good
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 19 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thanks for this question

There is virtually no chance of colon cancer

It is probably IBS or hormonal

Do you take any meds?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply