Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

I've had blood in my stool for almost 5 years now I'm 26

Customer Question

I've had blood in my stool for almost 5 years now I'm 26 years old I have pooped balls I need to know if that's cancer or what it is please answer me
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also sharp pains between my genitals and butt
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 months ago.

There are several causes with the most common being hemorrhoids in about 95% of the cases. They are usually painless and cause minimal amounts of bleeding with each bowel movement. Bright red blood typically coats the stool at the end of defecation. Blood may also drip into the toilet or stain toilet paper. It is usually associated with constipation. Other common causes are polyps, ulcers, fissures, and diverticulitis which can all be asymptomatic. This is likely hemorrhoids, but you can never be too sure. Therefore, you need to see a doctor an get setup of a colonoscopy to make sure it is not cancer. There are several diagnostic tests. In the meantime, you should try to have a soft bowel movement daily. You should start taking miralax and increase your fiber in your diet with fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. You should also start a probiotic.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks

Please rate, and close question.