Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I just contracted urinary tract infection, I have a flight

Customer Question

I just contracted urinary tract infection, I have a flight early this morning and need urgently a prescription for antibiotic, I live in the cote des neiges area. can you help me please
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no medications daily. no allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

So sorry to hear that :(. To answer your question, unfortunately we are not allowed to call in prescription medications, wish so much that we were. I would recommend drinking plenty of fluids to try to flush the infection out, drinking cranberry juice to make the urine more acidic and slow down bacterial growth. I am not sure if there are any Urgent Care clinics that can see you quickly, or if you will have to go the Emergency Room if the situation if already severe and you have to have the antibiotics before leaving on this trip. For any fever, severe abdominal pain or if you are unable to stop vomiting please do go to the Emergency Room.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon!

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!