Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

What can I put on a 2 year olds eczema to help with itching?

Customer Question

JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am the Grandmother and hate to see her suffering. She has been to doctor but all they say is figure out what makes her break out!!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No-her mother has allergies though
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am reviewing your question and I will be with your momentarily! :)

My son suffered with terrible eczema at that age and I have tried multiple remedies, there are several things I would like to recommend for your granddaughter :)

Dove Sensitive skin soap for her path, pat her dry and immediately apply Cortizone-10 cream (very little on her face if she has some on her face)

Then apply Eucerine cream all over. I would apply it a second time after it soaks in on really bad places. Would use both creams twice a day.

For her clothes I would recommend using a detergent which is free of dyes and perfumes such as All Free & Clear

If the itching is really bad you can also give her Zyrtec liquid over the counter, that will help with the itching and help her rest if she is miserable. Sometimes cool compresses (wet a wash cloth and put in the fridge) and then apply to really bad areas. It is so hard watching them suffer and I hope that this has helped. If you are satisfied with my answer please give me a 5 star rating, and if not I am happy to help you further! Thank you so very much and have a great day and hope she feels better soon.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much!

Thank you@!

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!