Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I take generic for Ambien. Dr office said Federel law states

Customer Question

I take generic for Ambien. aMy Dr office said Federel law states I need a blood test every 3 months to make sure I am not taking other drugs. Is this true ? should I look for a different doctor ??
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Blood and urine both
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, i'm 69 yrs old and don't even know what marijuana smells like !! I am on LEVOTHYROXIN, tRAJENTA, rOSUVASTATIN,Linisopril and Zolpidem
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 24 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 24 days ago.

No, it is not mandatory to test everyone on Ambien nor it is mentioned anywhere in Federal Law? I don't know what your doctor meant when she was saying that. However, a doctor can test their patients every 3 months if the patient has a history of drug abuse or overdose in the past or if the doctor is suspecting abuse. Looking for a different doctor is your prerogative.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.