Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

For the past two weeks now I have had a lot of discomfort

Customer Question

Hi, for the past two weeks now I have had a lot of discomfort both side of my upper back behind my lungs, this is only apparent when I am seating. what could it be?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No Doctor yet, but do take a low dose med for high blood pressure in the evening and low dose asprin in the morning, my age is 60
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?
Customer: Yes two day ago I felt very dizzy to the extent that when I walked up stairs it felt like I was walking on a bouncy castle
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no visit him every year bllod test normal routine slightly high chloestorel
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated neck stiffness,shoulder pain?

Do you have shortness of breath,chest tightness?

Cough?

Pain during deep breathing?

Have you monitored your blood pressure?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
slight stiffness in neck but not new, no shortness of breath or chest tightness, no cough, no pain during breathing, blood pressure ok as I take a low does tablet to reduce high blood pressure in the mornings, rest of the day is fine
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Cervical spondylosis,Nerve impingement and Muscloskeletal strain/Chest wall inflammation.

You should do gentle massage with topical muscle relaxant ointment and do warm compresses on back of neck and other affected area.

Also do neck stretching and strengthening exercises.

You can OTC Meclizine and Motrin.

Also take OTC Zantac.

If your pain and dizziness persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

X-ray of Cervical and Thoracic spine can be done.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.