khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am kinda worried here. Please tell me my Hep C result is

Customer Question

Hello. I am kinda worried here. Please tell me my Hep C result is negative? It is 0.2. What has happened is this: First of all, my blood work has always been really good. I am 51 and have had 5 children and am not overweight. I believe I eat pretty healthy, and consume probably 3 to 4 glasses of red wine a week, but that is actually not always the case. Sometimes I go two weeks or more and have no alcohol, so I do not drink a lot, just casually. But I have gone out to dinner and have 3 drinks out on occasion. I also have always had anemia issues due to heavy periods and endometriosis. I had fibroids removed 4 years ago and that did not help, so 2.5 years ago, my OB put my on the lowest dosage of BCpill
which is the LOLO estrin fe of only 10mg I believe. I have read online that the pill and the hormones with it can congest the liver somewhat. Well, last May, my Alt sgpt was 43 and the sgot was 28. Then, in October, they were 51 and 30 respectively, and now they are 64 and 35. My doctor ordered a liver ultrasound which I had done two days ago, and will find out the result this Friday. I know the blood results early from looking online to my account. he ordered the Hep C test and I just want to confirm that what I see is that it is negative? I seem to fall in the range? But it does not say the word negative next to it. So I am scared. Also, can this be the use of the pill these past 2.5 years? My Dr. said yes, it could be making my liver a bit congested. What do you think? I am not diabetic or anything else. Lastly, I get many injections monthly for PRP treatment to my neck and back. This causes acute purposeful inflammation after the treatment. I asked once before if this could be the cause because enzymes in the liver can rise due to muscle injury, of course I am being injected many many times at each appointment every month for a year and half now and this is into muscle and tissue. I was told this could not be the cause, but hey, who has really done this study? So please help me out here. I am not happy my Alt spgt is even higer, I really expected it to level out or go lower. Ugh. And is Hep C result neg?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I just wanted to add, my liver tests were 18 for sgot and 27 for sgpt in May of 2015, just only 6 months after starting the pill. I am also on it DAILY to avoid a period as mine are so heavy I become anemic severely. So if my Hep C is neg, this is the only thing that has drastically changed for me lately (taking the pill daily). I haven't changed my pattern of drinking, in fact 7 to 8 years ago I hung with an Italian family almost every weekend and we ate and drank a lot and I was still fine. I do not see them anymore, and I actually drink more green tea and water than ever. So what do you think?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do have to add more. Ever since I have been getting PRP, which is for my neck pain which causes great headaches, I can't take prescriptive pain killers as they give me a rebound headache, and I can't take NSAIDS, so the only thing I can take is Tylenol. I only take it maybe the day of treatment and maybe 3 or 4 times a month otherwise if I have a bad neck ache or headache. I take probably 1500 mg when I do. I know that is a lot, but anything less just does not help the pain. Is there any other pain med I can take that won't affect my liver that is not an NSAID or a prescriptive one that will not give me a rebound headache?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Maybe I need gastroenterologist? Not sure what specialty
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 18 days ago.

You can definitely take the opinion of a gastroenterologist for the lab results that you have.

Tylenol is probably the safest medicine in this situation.

There is no other non prescription pain killer that is available,

Warm regards

Dr Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for answering ALL of my questions. You never answered about my Hep C, the PRP and liver enzymes etc. Need 2nd opionion
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

My apologies,

I will opt out, so that someone else can assist,
Warm regards

Expert:  khagihara replied 14 days ago.

Can you attach the result of Hep C here?