drcaplan
drcaplan, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have specialized in common problems for men, women, children, and the elderly.
72350808

Is it ok to drink non alcoholic beer while taking amoxil

Customer Question

is it ok to drink non alcoholic beer while taking amoxil antibiotic will this hurt my liver or will this make the medicine not work, it has o.5 percent alcohol in it
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 3 months ago.

The risk of interaction with a non-alcoholic beer and Amoxicillin is so low, that it's safe to say you have absolutely nothing to worry about !

Expert:  drcaplan replied 3 months ago.

do you have other specific questions I can help with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Dr.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome!

Expert:  drcaplan replied 3 months ago.

If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and believe it or not, we doctors don't get compensated at all if the responses are not rated with outstanding scores by our patients like you. Any other ratings suggest something was wrong and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for improvements.

If you have any follow up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Thank you! Hopefully, I would love to hear how things go for you.