Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I take Vicodin and tramadol for pain I took 2 nucynta 100mg

Customer Question

I take Vicodin and tramadol for pain I took 2 nucynta 100mg and 25 mg and took a urine screen I do not have an active prescription for Nucynta Will it show up as opiod on urine test I mean the Nucynta not Vicodin
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for this question. Well it depends on the type of drug test which you had done, if it was a simple drug screen which checks for the various drug groups in your urine like opiates, bezodiazepines, cocaine etc then it will show up only as an opioid. They wont be able to tell whether you used nucynta or vicodin or tramadol. However if they run a GC/MS test on the urine sample then they will be able to know that you used nucynta instead of vicodin etc. So a simple screening test would show that you have opioids in your system (if you have nucynta) and not be able to tell which opioid you used however the GC/MS test is more specific and can differentiate between the various opioids easily.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating