Dr. Captain
Dr. Captain, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have specialized in common problems for men, women, children, and the elderly.
72350808

I need clozpaine, I can't reach my doctor, having several

Customer Question

I need clozpaine
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I can't reach my doctor, having several medications
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Zyprexa, Zanx, Seroquel, Clozapine, Keppra and Dilantin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i was hospitilzed 20 years ago
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. You should be aware that these chat rooms are intended to offer counseling, and physicians here are not able to send prescriptions, for obvious medicolegal reasons. If you have a question, I'm happy to offer you either a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference.

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

would you like suggestions for managing anxiety? would you like sample meditations?

would you like local resources for physicians who may be able to evaluate you, in person, for the option of a Clozapine prescription?

1- Some alternative treatment options that may be useful at home, without expert help :

- Meditation can be a tremendous resource for anxiety/pain relief. It has been a useful practice for thousands of years in the East, and millions find it helpful in their daily use even today. Meditation can mean different practices for different individuals. For some, it involves peaceful sitting and focused attention on breathing, without outside distraction, where someone can simply observe ones breathing, and monitor the racing thoughts that may come and go. This can be a way of teaching your body how to insert some degree of calm into your daily experience, and over time it can be a valuable lesson that becomes easier and easier to insert into your daily routine for regular relief. For some others, meditation comes in the form of a relaxing daily walk, where they can similarly distract themselves from daily stressors, and instead enjoy some peace and quiet, perhaps thinking calmly, or enjoying the natural environment around them.

1- I would recommend that you consider keeping a written journal of what you're experiencing. It doesn't have to be long or wordy, but it will be helpful (to you for purposes of keeping track of your feelings and the treatments you try and like or dislike - which in and of itself can often be therapeutic, believe it or not!, and for a healthcare provider that could review the journal later and collect useful information about your experience) Examples of useful information would be the timing of the pain, what makes it better or worse, if anything you're doing (or medications you're taking) effect the pain for better or worse, and what else is going on in your life at the same time (for instance, it's worse at the end of a work day, or after lifting groceries or spending long hours on your feet, etc) The more you get to know what is painful, the easier it is to correct it!

2- consider increasing the amount of gentle body stretching and back exercise that you include in your regular routine. Muscles that are worked too hard without appropriate stretching and exercise can cause significant pain. Especially for us humans. Our backs are stuck with the burden of carrying our body weight, and the muscles are rarely strengthened appropriately. This is the treatment that I've found to be most helpful for my patients. We don't stretch and exercise anywhere near what our bodies are built for, and if you can withstand the discomfort of stretching for 7-8 minutes, up to 3 times a day, I've found that most of my patients get better within a week.

3- consider trying out some insoles in your shoes. In-soles can sometimes help improve the support the distribution of weight on your foot, and this can improve the alignment of your legs and hip bones, and may offer some relief. There are expensive options out there, but I have found that some of the common brands (from Target, for example) are just as helpful to my patients.

4- some people choose medications to help alleviate pain. Although I tend to view pain as important signal that your body is giving you that something is wrong or needs improvement (and therefore not something that you necessarily want to stop or turn off), some medications such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen are (generally) safe medications you can try at home, provided you are following the general guidelines of use, and there are no contraindications to you taking the medications. More, most people who are taking these medications are not taking them in the best way they could be taking them.

5- Perhaps above all else, the basics of sleep and water can be the most needed, and most neglected, solutions. Almost irrespective of your daytime demands, and without regard to individual differences, we all need at LEAST 8 hours a night. This has been proven time and time again, in fact - especially - for the people who think they can do with less. if we are not getting that much, we are not only poorly arming ourselves to fight illnesses naturally, but we setting ourselves up for not only more prolonged, sometimes worse illness. Water is also a vital part of staying healthy. Someone who is having yellow urine during the day (except for the first of the day, that one can be yellowish), is most likely dehydrated, and also an easy set up for prolonged illness. Urine, after the first of the day, should be clear, like water. One should be drinking more and more water, until urine is clear. That’s a simple way to measure enough water intake.

Was I able to address your question to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?

If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and believe it or not, we doctors don't get compensated at all if the responses are not rated with outstanding scores by our patients like you. Any other ratings suggest something was wrong and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for improvements.

If you have any follow up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Thank you! Hopefully, I would love to hear how things go for you.