Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My daughter went to a pediatric dentist and refused to open

My daughter went to a pediatric dentist and refused to open her mouth. The dentist then held her in her arms and tried to open my daughters mouth that way.My daughter had chapped lips that were open because Of the crying. Should I be worried that my daughters mouth touched the coat of the dentist while she turned her head away? What if hep c or hiv was on the coat from a prior dental procedure that splashed up on her coat microscopically and then her cracked lips touched it?She was barely able to open her mouth and now we have to go back. But now I worry that her chapped lips that had a cut could g-d forbid have touched something contaminated? Is this a valid concern or am I over worried? Thanks!

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

You are over worried.....

she is not going to catch anything from her cut chapped lips contacting anything or anyone in the dentists office.

You can put these fears of infection/contamination behind you.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even if her lips were bleeding and there was something on the lab coat?? It was craziness there so she was really fidgeting and pushing her face into her clothes that could have stuff sprayed on it from patients?