Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Can you please tell me which doctor would be best ax blessed

Customer Question

Can you please tell me which doctor would be best ax blessed to assist my primary physician with treating my lupus and type 2 diabetes? My lupus is now causing kidney infections without me having an uti.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've only seen my primary care physician, who takes care of everything, but my diabetes is still not that great, but is better than it was, but my lupus is wreaking havoc on my legs and my kidneys now. I'm taking plaquenil 400 MG 2x daily, I've had antibiotics, 850 MG of metformin, mevacor, enalapril and nova log and Lantus insulins.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: All of them. I just finished the antibiotics, but my kidneys still hurt.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You will need to see a rheumatologist or joint specialist for better control of lupus. Lupus can be managed with immunosuppressive agents without affecting your diabetes nowadays.
And you should consider consulting with an endocrinologist who specializes in managing complex cases like yours for better glucose control.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/