Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

A little about myself i am a 25 yr old male with no prior

Customer Question

a little about myself i am a 25 yr old white male with no prior medical issues. I have had a hemorrhoid in the past. And for the last year or so i have been having a issue where red blood will show up in my in my stool. This is not an every time issue it will happen for a week or so and then might not happen for a a couple of months. This is the only symptom that has happened, my stomach feels fine and my bathroom usage has not changed as well. What could be my problem?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well from what you are describing it does sound like that you may have developed a hemorrhoid once again. This can explain the presence of blood in the stool without any pain or constipation. Constipation is not necessary to be present in all cases of hemorrhoids. Secondly this can also be due to hard stools, if you have been passing stools which are harder than normal that can cause trauma to teh rectum and lead to bleeding. This can be rectified with the help of a simple dietary adjustment. you can increase the fiber intake in your diet, add fiber supplements like metamucil or benefiber, drink more water and these things can help in either of the above situations. Now since this has happened quite a few times over the past year you should have this evaluated by a simple rectal examination and if needed a proctoscopy as well. It is likely that you have a hemorrhoid however if the two procedures dont show any abnormalities then you would need a flexible sigmoidoscopy to be done.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible and get this evaluated.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, i think that pretty much sums it up. Thanks again i will schedule an appointment right now.

You're welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!