Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I was diagnossed with whooping cough. I was told Im not

Customer Question

I was diagnossed with whooping cough. I was told Im not contageousw after 48 hrs of prednisone but Ive been going out just to physical therapy, visisting people in nursing homes, grocery shopping etc. Now Im coughing like crazy. Should I still be resting?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I had the cough several weeks ago and it stopped and and now its back with a lot of mucus
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My dr knows everything
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
The infection gradually resolves over a period of weeks, but the coughing paroxysms can persist for several months.

This infection is generally treated with antibiotics and early treatment is very important.

Apart from medical treatment following measures can be helpful.

Get plenty of rest

Drink plenty of fluids. Water, juice and soups are good choices.

Eat smaller meals.

Keep your home free of irritants that can trigger coughing spells, such as tobacco smoke and fumes from fireplaces.

So ideally you should still be resting for few days.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.