Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have been getting a leision/mass whatever it is in my left

Customer Question

hi i have been getting a leision/mass whatever it is in my left upper lobe for last 12 months i have had 2 fine needle biopsies ans 1 core biopsy which were all missed. just had another CT scan with contrast which has showed 2 x 2mm noduals in right upper lobe and 1 small nodual in right lower lobe. im a nurse and fear the worse the same as my mum. im 56 and have smoked most of my life. do you think this is cancer i dont feel my respiratory doctor is doing enough and keeps saying we will just sit on it and see what happens. i just want to know so i know what im dealing with. Barb
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my mum died of lung cancer in left upper lobe diagnosed and dead within 6 weeks
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 26 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Are these lesions growing in size?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Dr Arun forgot to tell you the leision in left upper lobe was picked up by accident after open heart surgery for a abnormality i was born with. the leiosion was then 7mm now 18/19mm
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
i cant make the call until tomorrow until i get paid sorry
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
you think you have scamed me think again

I would continue on the chat. The phone suggestion is a system built up by the management.

Since your FNAC / ABC attempts were unable to hold the cells or tissue; I would suggest a PET scan. These nodules are more of incidental findings and are likely to be benign. Nine out of ten lesions of these types are non cancerous. But PET scan would confirm it and will give peace of mind.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.