Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I'm 52 and have been dealing with heart palpationsurgery

Customer Question

Hi. I'm 52 and have been dealing with heart palpationsurgery since June 2016. I take bio identical estradiol and progesterone. It's flutters and I think I feel heat, I feel heat in center of my chest
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No history, Very healthy. I was in emergency room last October, tests were all normal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 1 thing, I'm over weight, 220 5'4" been dieting, no grains, sugar and taking vitamins. I have dealt with anxiety for years. Councilor get has helped very much.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure how hot flashes feel. I feel clam my in my feet and behind my knees when it happens. I notice sometimes, not always
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm taking 5 MG of estradiol cream 200 progesterone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OCTOBER 2015 was ER. All was great
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not surgery... auto correct
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What did your heart related investigations show?

Do you have anxiety or depression?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ekg, chest xray were both clear. They ran a blood test twice. The enzyme that shows if any heart damage, "none", great news. No depression. Anxiety, have dealt with it for over 10 years. Am really good with it now. Not an issue. It tries to pop up when my hormones are imbalanced. I see my councilor when that happens and it's all good. My palpationson began in June. They come 2-5 times a day roughly, not every day but almost. Lasting a second but bothersome. No high blood pressure. I've dealt with this before but not lasting this frequently. I would adjust the dose of estrogen and it helped. Had complete blood work up, all great cholesterol was 231. On a diet and doing very well. My estrogen was extremely low, progesterone was good. Am adjusting my dose again this past 3 weeks, helped but.....still having palpation here and there. I think I need more estrogen but am frustrated, menopause.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My estrogen is at 24.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have had an extremely big year. Only daughter got married , she graduated law school and we sold our business we had for 30 years. All within 2 months! A lot!!

I am framing the answer which may take 10 minutes.

Thanks for your patience and using Just Answer.

Let me at the outset tell you that most common cause of palpitation is anxiety. With your heart related investigation showing nothing abnormal, this is further substantiated. Having said that; your hormonal imbalance may be the culprit too here. You had a really big year, so obviously they too kept the hormones working overtime.

I would suggest you following;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root.

You may get an Holter 24 hours monitoring. This takes heart tracing round the clock by a small device taped to your chest. This may rule out any arrhythmia, which may occasionally be responsible for the palpitations.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, that's what I thought. Sounds like seeing my councilor and doing what I need to will take care of it. Thank you lots!

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/