Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I received my blood test results this evening and my ck

Customer Question

I received my blood test results this evening and my ck level is at 327 and normal is 225. I am all nervous and scared, The rest of my test was perfect. I am 38 and in good shape. I go to the gym 5 days a week. I read online that this can be from heart attack and other major issues. I played squash yesterday and played very hard. Wondering what you think this is and if I should worry?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Creatine phosphokinase is an enzyme in the body. It is found mainly in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle.

The CPK-MB test is a cardiac marker used to assist diagnoses of an acute myocardial infarction.
When the total CPK level is very high, it most often means there has been injury or stress to muscle tissue, the heart, or the brain.

In my opinion you can consult your doctor for specific test CPK-MB/Trop-T and EKG as well.

But i do think the test results are high due to skeletal muscle injury from playing squash yesterday.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.