Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My wife has a condition said to e caused by insufficient

Customer Question

My wife has a condition said to e caused by insufficient seratonin. She is violently alergic to the onlt available treatment but there are said to benew medications in the pipelin - is this true and when will they be available?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: The only remedy we have foiund id the administration od 2x59mi of aloe vera daily - our neurologist knows of this and has no opinion about it but is does seem to work.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None -- she had had a nra scan to confirm the condition but no other prescribed treatment and she has been in excellent health otherwise.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 18 days ago.

serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the brain.

what medicaitons has she tried? SSRI agents? sertraline? fluoxetine? peroxetine?

has she tried wellbutrin, or effexor?

how about cymbalta?

an MRI scan of the brain does not tell if she has serotonin or not in the brain?

serotonin deficiency in the brain can cause severe depression, or severe anxiety symptoms or paranoia

these are mental illness conditions treated by psychiatrist. has she seen a psychiatrist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My wife has, as I said, recieved a brain scan but the detailed redults were not communicated to me. She had not seen a psychiatrist, nor has one been suggested. Here in France, drugs may have different trade names, the only one she has been prescribed was 'Exelon 39mg' (Rivastigramine) - one morning and evening but she was violently alergic to it (explosive vomiting) and it was dicontinued on the neurologists advice. He explained the it was the only drug available but two others were on process of appoval and might be available for her in January. Meanwhile I am giving her aloe vera, a herbal remedy which seems to be partialy effective as one delivery went astray and for nine days she was without and the deterioration during that time was marked.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

Rivastigmine is a parasympathomimetic or cholinergic agent for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia of the Alzheimer's type and dementia due to Parkinsons disease.

it sounds like her doctors are treating her for dementia problems when the brain does not work well and patients loose memory and cognitive function

you should ask her doctors for the results of her brain MRI scan.

ask her doctors if she has a condition like dementia or alzhimers disease.

how old is your wife?

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/aloe-vera-compound-found-treat-alzheimer%E2%80%99s-disease1

is an article about aloe vera treating patients who have alzheimers disease.

does she have alzheimers disease? this condition is not due to insufficient seratonin neurotransmitters in the brain