Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I have severe pain just below the center of my ribs stomach

Customer Question

I have severe pain just below the center of my ribs stomach ache. Nausea but when I tried to throw up nothing came up. Also diahrea. The pain is very unbearable. Should I rest or go to the doctor? Thank you
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting. I tried to to see if that would make my stomach feel better but nothing came up I was just gagging.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 26 days ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Pain in the epigastric area(area below the ribs in the centre) is usually secondary to gastritis or oesophagitis/GERD/Gastroenteritis/Food allergy/viral diaorrhea. The other causes of similar pain would include colitis or intestinal cramps. .It would help to take antacid gels /tablets like Tums/Digene and OTC Omeprazole which may offer immediate relief along with aantispasmodic drug like Hyoscine/Buscopan or Dicyclomine/Bentyl.Peppermint oil is available OTC ,this may reduce the intestinal spasms..You need to see your PCP/doctor who can examine you and treat you further after examining you and investigating you.